Mepilex Transfer Dressing 7.5cm x 8.5cm Each
Mepilex Transfer is a soft silicone exudate transfer dressing intended for a wide range of exuding wounds. It can also be used as protection of compromised and/or fragile skin. Mepilex Transfer efficiently transfers exudate away from the wound thereby minimising the risk of maceration. It maintains a moist wound environment in combination with an appropriate secondary dressing.
Our Mepilex Transfer dressing is soft, thin and highly conformable, thereby convenient even for awkward or difficult-to-dress wounds and areas. It moulds softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound- thanks to Safetac®.
In numerous randomised trials, dressings with Safetac are clinically demonstrated to minimise damage to the wound and skin at removal. By sealing the wound margins, they help prevent maceration. With less damage to the wound and skin, pain at dressing change is minimised. Therefore, several randomised trials associate dressings with Safetac with faster healing and lower total treatment cost.
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Convenient and conformable even for awkward or difficult-to-dress wounds and areas
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Efficiently transfers exudate away from the wound thereby minimising the risk of maceration
- Promotes patient comfort – it's thin and comfortable to wear
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed skin doses
- Can be used during conventional X-ray imaging, Computed Tomography (CT) imaging and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)